Saturday 12 November 2011

This and that

Another week gone, and my deadline's drawing closer....I have just under 2 weeks to finish off my Captain America carnival costume order (patterns, cutting and packaging for 60 people).  I think they're going to look great all made up and the kids should be super-cute! Sigh....I just want to get it all done now, so I can relax and get ready for my trip to Africa.  

Last night I finished the shawl I've been knitting for my mum for Christmas - I used a lovely chunky cream magician yarn  - it was such a pleasure to knit up and I'm very pleased with the reslts.  (I'll take some pics of Mum in the shawl when I give it to her). 

I also wanted to share Art Trader Magazine with those of you that don't know about it. It's FABULOUS - chock-full of ideas and inspiration!  There are so many great online courses available - I wish  could do them all!  I haven't been working on any ATCs lately, as I simply don't have the time - but when I get back from SA I plan to start working on some larger watercolours. 

Well, it's nearly pumpkin time and it has been a long day.  Got to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow (Sunday and all) to do some cutting.  I'm off to bed!  

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Hi Leigh, wow, you are so busy!! Thank you for the link to Art Trader Magazine - I've just got back from their superb website - it's brilliant! I'll spread the word on my blog too.

Have a great day tomorrow!

x

Unknown said...

You are indeed a busy Lady. What a great commission - I hope you will post a shot when they are complete (at least one of them). I have not heard of Art Traders so I'm off to explore. Thanks. There is just toooo much stuff I want to explore. :o) Donna

queenb2u said...

Wow, 60 costumes. Your are very industrious. Keep plugging away, dear. Thanks for the tip about Art Trader. I do enjoy exploring new media. I can tell you are really anxious to visit your mum. How wonderful. Hugs. bb

Unknown said...

Thanks for popping by ladies ((hugs))