Sunday 14 August 2011

Postcard 2 (or not...)

Last night I got experimental - this postcard for the Creative Swap started off as a watercolour and then progressed on to collage. The closet I've ever come to collage is with my English students - collaging body parts from magazines.  Anyway, collage is apparently not my forté - because when I went to take some pics this morning I discovered a paintbrush hair right through the middle under a thick, dried layer of gluey/gel stuff. Argh!  Now I HAVE TO keep this postcard and make another one for the swap. There are even grains of sea salt left over from the watercolour technique I used - which I quite like - considering it is the sea.  So, I won't be sending this one - I think it might have been subconscious sabotage - as I was thinking last night how much I like this postcard... hee hee.

  The theme is "A summer's day........on the Costa Brava"


Just in case you were wondering.... the Costa Brava is one of the most beautiful places in Catalonia (the north-eastern Spanish coast)  I've lived here for 10 years and love it!

Source: google.es via Leigh on Pinterest

No comments: